Maximize Quality while Saving Money
Consistent core quality is a prerequisite for achieving controllable casting quality. Low-density cores can result in core breakage or unacceptable metal penetration. High density cores can result in excessive consumable usage, gas-related casting defects or shake-out difficulty. Uniform, predictable, controllable core density is desired.
But, your business sells castings, not cores. Why would you use simulation technology on a process that's not your end product? Good question. Arena-flow helps you compete in today's market by improving quality while saving you money. It's that simple. Savings can be realized in both capital costs and operational costs.
Capital Cost Savings
Today, foundries, tooling suppliers and OEMs world-wide are utilizing Arena-flow to simulte, understand and optimize their core making processes. Arena-flow is your cost-saving partner, enabling you to produce optimized cores which:
- reduce new tooling start-up iterations and costs
- reduce core making machinery requirements
- reduce tooling requirements
Operational Cost Savings
While capital cost savings are immediately evident, greater long-term savings often result from reduced operational costs. Arena-flow helps you:
- minimize core scrap
- eliminate trial-and-error by enabling you to gain insight into core-related casting defects
- optimize process cycle times
- minimize consumable usage
- reduce machine down time
- reduce tooling maintenance costs